Sweeney's Cruises have a well maintained fleet..
A beautiful Loch Lomond sunset.
The iconic Ben Lomond through the mist on Loch Lomond.
Sweeneys boats allow you to enjoy Loch Lomond in any weather.
A cruise down Loch Lomond will take your breathe away.
Another beautiful Loch Lomond sunset.
A Sweeneys Cruise passing by Cameron House on the shores of Loch Lomond.
A family business since 1880. The current generation of Sweeneys are the 4th generation to sail boats on Loch Lomond, originally it was steam launches and rowing boats. Today its a different story with the family operating Scotland's most luxurious fleet of passenger boats.
Spotting Scotland's elusive wildlife. Cruising Loch Lomond is the perfect way to spot both off shore and onshore wildlife, mysterious floating islands, stately homes & ruins - Loch Lomond has them all in abundance, all just waiting to be discovered.
Part of Scotland's legend: For centuries Loch Lomond has been celebrated in music,
poetry, song and folklore. Known as 'The Queen of The Scottish Lochs' today Sweeneys provide cruising on 4 luxury cruise boats The Silver Dolphin, Silver Marlin, Astina & Lomond Duchess. Each boat is unique with their own special cruise, allowing you to comfortably and fully experience Loch Lomond.
SAILING TIMES: Sweeneys run cruises from Balloch, Luss & Balmaha.
- Experience Cruises: 1 hour cruise, available all year round.
- Island Discovery Tour: A 2 hour cruise, available all year round.
- Sunset Cruise: Departs at 7pm for 1.5 hours, July & August only.
- Balloch-Luss Waterbus: 1 hour cruises, June to August.
- Luss-Balmaha Waterbus: A 45 minute cruise, June to September.
- Balloch-Inchmurrin-Balmaha Waterbus: A flexible 1 hour cruise.
- Private hire: Boats can be hired for large groups & weddings.
For more detailed information on each cruise Click HERE.
Getting Married on Loch Lomond: You can
choose to get married on the Loch itself, or we can sail in to collect you from your preferred boarding
point along Loch Lomond. Nothing can be more romantic! Read our Wedding Brochure for more details about booking a cruise for your wedding day.
- Loch Lomond, the UK's largest expanse of water: It is 23 miles long, 5 miles wide & over 200m deep.
- A choice of Cruises:
Sweeneys have a choice of cruises to suit everyone. From 45 mins to 2 hours and day time to Sun Set cruises!
- Why drive when you can take a Waterbus:
During the summer months you can fully explore Loch Lomond & its waterside villages via its unique waterbus service.
- Private Hire: Each boat can be hired privately. The Silver Dolphin & Silver Marlin are also suitable for on boat catering & special occasions.